Saturday, September 29, 2012

Super Easy Sausage, Potato, & Broccoli Skillet

In my pre-baby days I would happily spend an hour or more each night making dinner.  Time is slightly more dear with two under three in our house so I'm trying to find more fast, easy, & cheap meals to add to my recipe book.  This is the first time I've tried something like this but we all liked it.  It's a little high in salt so I wouldn't cook it often but as a speedy meal fix it's pretty hard to beat.


The original recipe was from Betty Crocker and can be found here.  I only made minor tweaks.

Ingredients
1 box scalloped potatoes
2 cups hot water
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp cream cheese
1 rope kielbasa sliced
1 can rotel tomatoes
2 cups broccoli

1) Add potatoes, hot water and milk to a large (3 qt) skillet or dutch oven.
2) Cook until boiling
3) Add sausage, cream cheese, and tomatoes.  Stir well
4) Cover and simmer 20 minutes
5) Add broccoli, recover and cook 4-8 minutes until broccoli is cooked to desired tenderness.

No comments:

Post a Comment